Updated on 12/28/2022
This article helps plaintiffs and attorneys alike learn more about lawsuit loans and alternatives in Wyoming. Below you will find the following information:
Lawsuit loan companies serving Wyoming
Below you will find a list of companies that provide funding in Wyoming. We highlight lawsuit loan companies we recommend, as well as local and regional funding companies where applicable.
Recommended lawsuit loan companies funding Wyoming residents
We recommend the following companies for plaintiffs residing in Wyoming.
Our pick for low rate lawsuit loans
USClaims offers some of the lowest, non-compounding rates in the industry. Many companies claim to offer “the lowest rates in the industry” – we recommend comparing them against an offer from USClaims to see for yourself.
Our pick for fast lawsuit settlement loans
Thrivest Link Legal Funding offers reasonable funding terms often with simple, non-compounding rates. Their expert underwriting allows them to fund larger sums than many of their competitors. They frequently approve claims for funding within 24 hours.
Highly rated on Google
High Rise Financial is a California-based lawsuit loan company. They have the most five-star reviews of any funding company in the industry. In addition to pre-settlement funding, High Rise provides medical care scheduling and financing services.
Lawsuit loan companies located in Wyoming
Compare Lawsuit Loans does not currently cover any local lawsuit lending companies in Wyoming. Local funding companies interested in being included on this page may contact us at [email protected].
Regional pre-settlement funding companies that serve Wyoming residents
- High Rise Financial – High Rise Financial is a California-based lawsuit loan company. They have the most five-star reviews of any funding company in the industry. In addition to pre-settlement funding, High Rise Financial provides medical care scheduling and financing services.
- Nova Legal Funding – Nova Legal Funding is a direct funder and broker of lawsuit loans based in Los Angeles. They claim to have provided more than $70 million of pre-settlement funding to plaintiffs.
Other pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies serving Wyoming residents
- 5 Star Legal Funding – 5 Star Legal Funding is based in New York and was founded in 2006. They advertise simple, non-compounding rates and capped repayment terms.
- Baker Street Funding – Baker Street Funding is a relatively new personal injury case funding company based in New York. Despite the company’s age, they are growing very quickly. They claim to provide rates between 1.5% and 3.4%, compounding monthly.
- Bridgeway Legal Funding – Bridgeway Legal Funding offers reasonable rates and fast processing of workers’ compensation lawsuit loans. Workers’ compensation funding is typically only available in states in which an attorney controls the settlement proceeds.
- Case Cash Funding – Case Cash Funding is a New York lawsuit lending company that claims to provide advances at 2.99%, compounded monthly with a $100 processing fee and a delivery fee ranging from $0 to $99.
- Cherokee Funding – Georgia-based Cherokee Funding provides pre-settlement and post-settlement plaintiff and attorney funding. They claim to fund almost all types of legal cases, so long as there is solid liability, damages, and a defendant with the ability to pay.
- Client Legal Funding – Florida-based Client Legal Funding was founded in 2011. They offer pre-settlement funding, post-settlement funding, medical funding, and attorney funding services.
- Glofin Funding – Founded in 2002, Glofin Funding is one of the longest-standing providers of personal injury funding in the United States. They serve plaintiffs nationwide with a few exceptions.
- Golden Pear Funding – Golden Pear Funding is one of the largest lawsuit funding companies in the US. They are primarily focused on funding plaintiffs residing in New York. Since 2008, they have extended more than $600 million in funding.
- Liberty Settlement Funding – Liberty Settlement Funding is a Florida-based lawsuit settlement funding company serving plaintiffs nationwide.
- Mustang Litigation Funding – Mustang Litigation Funding is a relatively new but quickly growing lawsuit funding company based in Minnesota. They have provided more than $50 million in funds to plaintiffs and attorneys since 2018.
- Oasis Financial – Oasis Financial is one of the largest pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies in the United States. Oasis Financial has provided funding to more than 250,000 plaintiffs since 2003.
- Pegasus Legal Capital – Pegasus Legal Capital provides non-recourse lawsuit settlement funding to plaintiffs nationwide. They claim to provide approvals within four to six hours from receiving documentation from your law office.
- Preferred Capital Funding – Preferred Capital Funding claims to be the first pre-settlement funding provider in the US. They receive most of their business directly from referring attorneys.
- Prime Case Funding – Prime Case Funding is a legal funding provider located in New York. They have exceptional online reviews and quote a rate of 2.75% compounded monthly on their website.
- Signal Funding – Florida-based Signal Funding claims to provide $500 to $500,000 in pre-settlement funding with same-day service. They provide funding to injured plaintiffs nationwide. Signal Funding has solid reviews on Google but a less impressive reputation on Yelp.
- The Legal Funding Group – Based in Savannah, Georgia, The Legal Funding Group provides lawsuit cash advances nationwide. On their website, they quote a rate of 36% every six months.
- Triumph Legal Funding – New Jersey’s Triumph Legal Funding offers competitive rates and fast, friendly service. Triumph favors rolling contracts with pre-approved monthly funding amounts to help clients budget and offer peace of mind throughout the course of their lawsuit.
Lawsuit funding laws, regulation, and relevant ethics opinions in Wyoming
Wyoming state does not have any laws governing lawsuit loans and has no case law that is of particular relevance. Most lawsuit loan companies provide funding to residents of WY.
Can a lawyer lend money to a client in Wyoming?
In Wyoming, lawyers cannot provide any financial assistance to plaintiffs. They can cover court expenses if the client is impoverished, or advance all litigation-related expenses to the end of the case.
Source: Wyoming Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 1.8(e)
Lawsuit loan alternatives in Wyoming
Lawsuit loans are expensive. Plaintiffs in Wyoming should exhaust all other options before seeking legal funding. Check out the local resources below for some ideas:
- Cash Assistance in Wyoming – Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) in Wisconsin comes in two forms: the POWER Work program and the POWER Caretaker Relative. POWER Work provides cash assistance and offers resources for job placement for families with parental caretakers. The POWER Caretaker program offers funds to non-parent caretakers. Both programs provide child support assistance.
- Wyoming Low Income Energy Assistance and Weatherization Programs – this program provides assistance for energy bills and weatherization costs on a sliding scale based on income.
- Wyoming Food Stamps (SNAP) – Wyoming SNAP gives low-income families access to stipends for food purchases according to income thresholds and the value of resources available.