There are more than a hundred lawsuit loan companies that provide the exact same product – cash now in exchange for repayment (plus interest) later. Check out our independent reviews of dozens below.
While their products are the same, the terms can vary widely. We strongly advise that you read our “How to Compare Lawsuit Loans” guide before reaching out to any company below.
Compare Lawsuit Loans is not compensated in any way by any pre-settlement lawsuit loan company.
Lawsuit loan companies we recommend
These companies will offer concrete quotes with simple to understand rates and terms. They typically offer lower rates on average than most competitors.
Even with these companies, it is important to ask about terms upfront. Do your homework and get quotes from many providers before moving forward with any particular company.
The best pre-settlement funding company is the company that provides you the lowest rate and the best terms. We feel that the most important things to assess on your first phone call with a funding company are rates and fees.
- Rates – the best lawsuit funding companies charge low, simple rates from 15% to 20% every 6 months. Avoid compounding rates and avoid companies that cannot quote a rate upfront on your first call.
- Fees – avoid settlement funding companies with high fees. For advances under $1,000, avoid any company charging more than $100 in total fees (including application, processing, and delivery fees). For advances greater than $5,000, avoid companies that charge more than $250 in total fees.
If any company is unwilling to disclose and discuss this information upfront, it is usually best to move on to another option.
Best for low rate lawsuit loans
US Claims offers some of the lowest, non-compounding rates in the industry. Many companies claim to offer “the lowest rates in the industry” – we recommend comparing them against an offer from US Claims. to see for yourself.
Best for fast legal funding
Thrivest Link Legal Funding offers fair terms with a fast, efficient funding process. Many companies claim to offer same-day or 24-hour lawsuit loans but Thrivest Link Legal Funding often actually makes it happen.
Best for workers’ compensation loans
Bridgeway Legal Funding offers reasonable rates and fast processing of workers’ compensation lawsuit loans. Workers’ compensation funding is typically only available in states in which an attorney controls the settlement proceeds. Unfortunately, in many states workers’ comp settlements go directly to plaintiffs.
Highly rated pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies
These legal funding companies are highly rated by consumers on review websites. This is obviously a good sign, but take every online review with a grain of salt. Businesses often solicit reviews only from happy customers or pay for reviews.
Highly rated on Google
Highly rated on Yelp
Highly rated by consumers on Better Business Bureau (BBB)
Other pre-settlement funding companies
These companies are listed here for comparison purposes only. Many of the companies listed here provide a wide variety of rates and terms that vary from case to case.
Some of the companies listed here may, in some cases, be brokers instead of direct lenders.
It is absolutely critical that you ask about rates and all fees upfront, before providing any detailed personal, case, or attorney information.
See each profile below for more information. Grouped companies are related in some manner (e.g. a parent company and a subsidiary; merged or effectively merged companies; companies that operate out of the same office).
- Anchor Fundings
- Baric Enterprises, Inc
- Capital Now Funding
- Cherokee Funding
- Covered Bridge Capital
- Fund Capital America
- Glofin (formerly Global Financial)
- Golden Pear Funding & Case Cash Funding
- JG Wentworth & Peachtree Financial Solutions
- Law Street Capital
- LawCash & Momentum Funding
- Legal-Bay Lawsuit Funding
- Liberty Settlement Funding
- Mayfield Settlement Funding
- Mustang Funding
- Necessity Funding
- Nova Legal Funding & Ally Lawsuit Loans
- Oasis Financial (formerly Oasis Legal Finance)
- Pegasus Legal Capital
- Plaintiff Investment Funding
- Preferred Capital Funding
- Rockpoint Legal Funding
- Signal Funding
- The Legal Funding Group
- Tribeca Capital Group
- Universal Funds
Attributes of the best lawsuit loan companies
What makes a company worthy of being one of the best pre-settlement loan companies for plaintiffs?
- The best pre-settlement funding companies for plaintiffs put plaintiffs first, not their attorneys. Plaintiffs receive regular updates and honest answers about the status of their request. We feel that many legal funding companies have a too-cozy relationship with personal injury attorneys. In many cases, this relationship is not beneficial to the plaintiff.
- A quality settlement funding company will provide rates, terms, and a sample payoff table immediately upon request before they receive any information about your case. Any company that refuses to do so is likely trying to restrict a plaintiff’s ability to compare rates.
- The best pre-settlement loan companies charge low, simple rates. Plaintiffs should basically never accept a compounding rate on legal funding. Compounding rates lead lawsuit advances to balloon over time as interest accumulates based on the total current balance of the advance.
- A good personal injury funding company can answer your questions thoroughly and courteously. The top litigation funding firms do not use call centers and assign you a specific representative.
The best lawsuit loan company is the company that gives you the best terms on the advance you request. The best funding company for a car accident plaintiff in California may not be the best for a plaintiff with a medical malpractice claim in New York. Do your research and shop for the best terms possible to find the best legal funding company for you.
Yes! Borrowing funds on your lawsuit is typically called legal funding. There are hundreds of companies that provide this service. However, many companies charge a substantial fee – do your homework before rushing into a lawsuit settlement advance.
Whether or not lawsuit funding makes sense for you depends on your circumstances. Taking out an advance on your lawsuit is a last resort. Always be sure to look into alternatives including borrowing from friends and family.
Use Compare Lawsuit Loans, Google, or Yelp to find a few companies that provide legal loans. Once you have selected a few highly rated companies, get quotes from each one. Compare quotes to find the best deal possible and move forward with that funding company.