There are more than one hundred lawsuit loan companies that provide the exact same product – cash now in exchange for repayment (plus interest) later.
While their products are the same, the terms can vary widely. Many companies claim to be the “best lawsuit loan company” or have the “lowest rates”. Few post information about their rates online.
Check out our independent reviews of dozens of the most prominent lawsuit loan companies below. We strongly advise that you read our “How to Compare Lawsuit Loans” guide before requesting funding from any company.
Lawsuit loan companies we recommend
These companies will offer concrete quotes with simple-to-understand rates and terms. They typically offer lower rates on average than most competitors.
Even with these companies, it is important to ask about terms upfront. Do your homework and get quotes from many providers before moving forward with any particular company.
The best pre-settlement funding company is the company that provides you the lowest rate and the best terms. We feel that the most important things to assess on your first phone call with a funding company are rates and fees.
- Rates – the best lawsuit funding companies charge low, simple rates from 15% to 20% every 6 months. Avoid compounding rates and avoid companies that cannot quote a rate upfront on your first call.
- Fees – avoid legal settlement funding companies with high fees. For advances under $1,000, avoid any company charging more than $100 in total fees (including application, processing, and delivery fees). For advances greater than $5,000, avoid companies that charge more than $250 in total fees.
If any company is unwilling to disclose and discuss this information upfront, it is usually best to move on to another option.
Best for low rate lawsuit loans
US Claims offers some of the lowest, non-compounding rates in the industry. Many companies claim to offer “the lowest rates in the industry” – we recommend comparing them against an offer from US Claims to see for yourself.
Best for fast lawsuit settlement loans
Thrivest Link Legal Funding offers fair terms with a fast, efficient funding process. Many companies claim to offer same-day or 24-hour lawsuit loans but Thrivest Link Legal Funding often actually makes it happen.
Best for workers’ compensation claim loans
Bridgeway Legal Funding offers reasonable rates and fast processing of workers’ compensation lawsuit loans. Workers’ compensation funding is typically only available in states in which an attorney controls the settlement proceeds. Unfortunately, in many states workers’ comp settlements go directly to plaintiffs.
Highly rated pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies
These legal funding companies are highly rated by consumers on review websites. This is obviously a good sign, but take every online review with a grain of salt. Businesses often solicit reviews only from happy customers or pay for reviews.
Highly rated legal funding companies on Google
Baker Street Funding is a relatively new personal injury case funding company based in New York. Despite the company’s age, they are growing very quickly. They claim to provide rates between 1.5% and 3.4%, compounding monthly. They are exceptionally well-reviewed on Google.
Founded in 2016, High Rise Financial is an extremely well-reviewed legal funding company with over 400 5-star customer reviews on Google. In addition to pre-settlement funding, High Rise provides medical care scheduling and financing services.
Highly rated lawsuit cash advance companies on Yelp
Prime Case Funding is a legal funding provider located in New York. They have exceptional online reviews and quote a rate of 2.75% compounded monthly on their website.
Bridgeway Legal Funding offers reasonable rates and fast processing of personal injury and workers’ compensation lawsuit loans. They have excellent reviews on Yelp and other consumer review websites.
Highly rated by consumers on Better Business Bureau (BBB)
Orlando, Florida-based Citrus Legal Funding has excellent customer reviews on the BBB and Google. Like most other pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies, they offer non-recourse advances for plaintiffs pursuing negligence claims.
Nova Legal Funding is a direct funder and broker of pre-settlement lawsuit loans based in Los Angeles. They claim to have provided more than $25 million of pre-settlement funding to plaintiffs.
Other top pre-settlement funding companies
These companies are listed here for comparison purposes only. Many of the companies listed here provide a wide variety of rates and terms that vary from case to case.
Some of the companies listed here may, in some cases, be brokers instead of direct lenders.
It is absolutely critical that you ask about rates and all fees upfront, before providing any detailed personal, case, or attorney information.
See each profile below for more information. Grouped companies are related in some manner (e.g. a parent company and a subsidiary; merged or effectively merged companies; companies that operate out of the same office).
- Anchor Fundings – Anchor Fundings offers plaintiff and attorney legal funding nationwide. There is limited information about them from online consumer reviews.
- Baric Enterprises, Inc – Florida-based Baric Enterprises, Inc. provides non-recourse personal injury loans as well as several kinds of insurance and retirement planning services.
- Capital Now Funding – Capital Now Funding is a Kentucky-based settlement advance company founded in 2015. They claim to offer a fixed fee model with no interest. They claim that their fees vary from state to state.
- Cherokee Funding – Georgia-based Cherokee Funding provides pre-settlement and post-settlement plaintiff and attorney funding. They claim to fund almost all types of legal cases, so long as there is solid liability, damages, and a defendant with the ability to pay.
- Covered Bridge Capital – Covered Bridge Capital is a Pennsylvania-based lawsuit settlement advance company based in Pennsylvania. They claim to have helped 73,000 plaintiffs receive over $138 million in funding since their founding in 2004.
- Fund Capital America – Fund Capital America, also known as Med Capital Solutions, is a plaintiff and attorney funding provider based in Los Angeles, California. They state that they can offer up to a $100,000 advance within 24 hours.
- Glofin (formerly Global Financial) – Founded in 2002, Glofin Funding is one of the longest standing providers of personal injury funding in the United States. They serve plaintiffs nationwide with a few exceptions.
- Golden Pear Funding & Case Cash Funding – Golden Pear is one of the largest lawsuit funding companies in the US. They are primarily focused on funding plaintiffs residing in New York. Since 2008, they have extended more than $600 million in funding.
- JG Wentworth & Peachtree Financial Solutions – Peachtree Financial, a subsidiary of JG Wentworth, operates as a lawsuit loan referral service.
- Law Street Capital – LawStreet Capital is a nationwide provider of pre-settlement lawsuit loans. They also provide funding to attorneys and purchase structured settlements.
- LawCash & Momentum Funding – New York based LawCash is one of the longest running settlement loan companies in the US. Headquartered in Florida, Momentum Funding focuses on personal injury and workers’ compensation lawsuit advances.
- Legal-Bay Lawsuit Funding – Legal-Bay Lawsuit Funding is a direct funder and broker that provides advances nationwide. To-date, they claim to have advanced more than $75 million to applicants.
- Liberty Settlement Funding – Liberty Settlement Funding is a Florida based lawsuit settlement funding company serving plaintiff’s nationwide.
- Mustang Funding – Mustang Funding is relatively new but quickly growing lawsuit funding company based in Minnesota. They have provided more than $50 million in funds to plaintiffs and attorneys since 2018.
- Necessity Funding – Necessity Funding’s claims of two hour funding puts them among the fastest legal advance companies in the US. Their “No Doc” advances may make them a good pick if you have a relatively new case.
- Nova Legal Funding & Ally Lawsuit Loans – Nova Legal Funding is a California based direct funder and broker of lawsuit loans. They claim to have provided more than $25 million of lawsuit cash advances to plaintiffs. Ally Lawsuit Loans is affiliated with or closely related to Nova Legal Funding. They claim to be located in Houston, Texas.
- Oasis Financial (formerly Oasis Legal Finance) – Oasis Financial is one of the largest pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies in the United States. Oasis has provided funding to more than 250,000 plaintiffs since 2003.
- Pegasus Legal Capital – Pegasus Legal Capital provides non-recourse lawsuit settlement funding to plaintiffs nationwide. They claim to provide approvals within four to six hours from receiving documentation from your law office.
- Plaintiff Investment Funding – Michigan based Plaintiff Investment Funding was founded in 2007 and helps plaintiffs nationwide.
- Preferred Capital Funding – Preferred Capital claims to be the first pre-settlement funding provider in the US. They receive most of their business directly from referring attorneys.
- Rockpoint Legal Funding – Rockpoint Legal Funding is a California-based funding provider that receives a large amount of its business from California attorney referrals. They also provide attorney funding and medical lien funding.
- Signal Funding – Florida-based Signal Funding claims to provide $500 to $500,000 in pre-settlement funding with same-day service. They provide funding to injured plaintiffs nationwide. Signal has solid reviews on Google but a less impressive reputation on Yelp.
- The Legal Funding Group – Based in Savannah, Georgia, The Legal Funding Group provides lawsuit cash advances nationwide. On their website, they quote a rate of 36% every six months.
- Tribeca Capital Group – Tribeca Capital Group is a broker and direct funding company headquartered in both Los Angeles and New Jersey. They indicate that the rate they charge varies from case to case.
- Universal Funds – Universal Funds was founded in Pennsylvania in 2009. They claim to provide up to $250,000 of lawsuit settlement funding is as little as 24 hours.
Attributes of the best lawsuit funding companies
What makes a company worthy of being one of the best pre-settlement loan companies for plaintiffs?
- The best pre-settlement funding companies for plaintiffs put plaintiffs first, not their attorneys. Plaintiffs receive regular updates and honest answers about the status of their request. We feel that many legal funding companies have a too-cozy relationship with personal injury attorneys. In many cases, this relationship is not beneficial to the plaintiff.
- A quality settlement funding company will provide rates, terms, and a sample payoff table immediately upon request before they receive any information about your case. Any company that refuses to do so is likely trying to restrict a plaintiff’s ability to compare rates.
- The best pre-settlement loan companies charge low, simple rates. Plaintiffs should basically never accept a compounding rate on legal funding. Compounding rates lead lawsuit advances to balloon over time as interest accumulates based on the total current balance of the advance.
- A good personal injury funding company can answer your questions thoroughly and courteously. The top litigation funding firms do not use call centers – they assign you a specific representative for the duration of the process.
The best lawsuit loan company is the company that gives you the best terms on the advance you request. The best funding company for a car accident plaintiff in California may not be the best for a plaintiff with a medical malpractice claim in New York. Do your research and shop for the best terms possible to find the best legal funding company for you.
Yes! Borrowing funds on your lawsuit is typically called legal funding. There are hundreds of companies that provide this service. However, many companies charge a substantial fee – do your homework before rushing into a lawsuit settlement advance.
Whether or not lawsuit funding makes sense for you depends on your circumstances. Taking out an advance on your lawsuit is a last resort. Always be sure to look into alternatives including borrowing from friends and family.
Use Compare Lawsuit Loans, Google, or Yelp to find a few companies that provide legal loans. Once you have selected a few highly rated companies, get quotes from each one. Compare quotes to find the best deal possible and move forward with that funding company.