Updated on 5/24/2022
This article helps plaintiffs and attorneys alike learn more about lawsuit loans and alternatives in Virginia. Below you will find the following information:
Lawsuit loan companies serving Virginia
Below you will find a list of companies that provide funding in Virginia. We highlight lawsuit loan companies we recommend, as well as local and regional funding companies where applicable.
Recommended lawsuit loan companies funding Virginia residents
We recommend the following companies for plaintiffs residing in Virginia.
Our pick for low rate lawsuit loans
USClaims offers some of the lowest, non-compounding rates in the industry. Many companies claim to offer “the lowest rates in the industry” – we recommend comparing them against an offer from USClaims to see for yourself.
Highly rated on Google
High Rise Financial is a California-based lawsuit loan company. They have the most five-star reviews of any funding company in the industry. In addition to pre-settlement funding, High Rise provides medical care scheduling and financing services.
Our pick for fast lawsuit settlement loans
Thrivest Link Legal Funding offers reasonable funding terms often with simple, non-compounding rates. Their expert underwriting allows them to fund larger sums than many of their competitors. They frequently approve claims for funding within 24 hours.
Highly rated by consumers
Capital Now Funding is a Kentucky-based settlement advance company founded in 2015. They claim to offer a 45% fixed fee model with no interest. This could be advantageous for claimants expecting a lengthy legal claim.
Lawsuit loan companies located in Virginia
Compare Lawsuit Loans does not currently cover any local lawsuit lending companies in Virginia. Local funding companies interested in being included on this page may contact us at [email protected]
Regional pre-settlement funding companies that serve Virginia residents
- Ally Lawsuit Loans – Ally Lawsuit Loans is affiliated with or closely related to Nova Legal Funding. They claim to be located in Houston, Texas.
- Baric Enterprises – Florida-based Baric Enterprises, Inc. provides non-recourse personal injury loans as well as several kinds of insurance and retirement planning services.
- Capital Now Funding – Capital Now Funding is a Kentucky-based settlement advance company founded in 2015. In most states, they offer pre-settlement funding with a 45% fixed-fee model. This could be advantageous for claimants expecting a lengthy legal claim.
- Client Legal Funding – Florida-based Client Legal Funding was founded in 2011. They offer pre-settlement funding, post-settlement funding, medical funding, and attorney funding services.
- Glofin Funding – Founded in 2002, Glofin Funding is one of the longest-standing providers of personal injury funding in the United States. They serve plaintiffs nationwide with a few exceptions.
- Liberty Settlement Funding – Liberty Settlement Funding is a Florida-based lawsuit settlement funding company serving plaintiffs nationwide.
- Momentum Funding – Headquartered in Florida, Momentum Funding focuses on personal injury and workers’ compensation lawsuit advances.
- Signal Funding – Florida-based Signal Funding claims to provide $500 to $500,000 in pre-settlement funding with same-day service. They provide funding to injured plaintiffs nationwide. Signal Funding has solid reviews on Google but a less impressive reputation on Yelp.
- The Legal Funding Group – Based in Savannah, Georgia, The Legal Funding Group provides lawsuit cash advances nationwide. On their website, they quote a rate of 36% every six months.
- USClaims – USClaims offers some of the lowest, non-compounding rates in the industry. Many companies claim to offer “the lowest rates in the industry” – we recommend comparing them against an offer from USClaims to see for yourself.
Other pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies serving Virginia residents
- 5 Star Legal Funding – 5 Star Legal Funding is based in New York and was founded in 2006. They advertise simple, non-compounding rates and capped repayment terms.
- Baker Street Funding – Baker Street Funding is a relatively new personal injury case funding company based in New York. Despite the company’s age, they are growing very quickly. They claim to provide rates between 1.5% and 3.4%, compounding monthly.
- Bridgeway Legal Funding – Bridgeway Legal Funding offers reasonable rates and fast processing of workers’ compensation lawsuit loans. Workers’ compensation funding is typically only available in states in which an attorney controls the settlement proceeds.
- Case Cash Funding – Case Cash Funding is a New York lawsuit lending company that claims to provide advances at 2.99%, compounded monthly with a $100 processing fee and a delivery fee ranging from $0 to $99.
- Golden Pear Funding – Golden Pear Funding is one of the largest lawsuit funding companies in the US. They are primarily focused on funding plaintiffs residing in New York. Since 2008, they have extended more than $600 million in funding.
- Mustang Litigation Funding – Mustang Litigation Funding is a relatively new but quickly growing lawsuit funding company based in Minnesota. They have provided more than $50 million in funds to plaintiffs and attorneys since 2018.
- National Lawsuit Funding – National Lawsuit Funding is a funding provider based in Pennsylvania.
- Necessity Funding – Necessity Funding’s claims of two-hour funding puts them among the fastest legal advance companies in the US. Their “No Doc” advances may make them a good pick if you have a relatively new case.
- Nova Legal Funding – Nova Legal Funding is a direct funder and broker of lawsuit loans based in Los Angeles. They claim to have provided more than $25 million of pre-settlement funding to plaintiffs.
- Oasis Financial – Oasis Financial is one of the largest pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies in the United States. Oasis Financial has provided funding to more than 250,000 plaintiffs since 2003.
- Pegasus Legal Capital – Pegasus Legal Capital provides non-recourse lawsuit settlement funding to plaintiffs nationwide. They claim to provide approvals within four to six hours from receiving documentation from your law office.
- Prime Case Funding – Prime Case Funding is a legal funding provider located in New York. They have exceptional online reviews and quote a rate of 2.75% compounded monthly on their website.
- Triumph Legal Funding – New Jersey’s Triumph Legal Funding offers competitive rates and fast, friendly service. Triumph favors rolling contracts with pre-approved monthly funding amounts to help clients budget and offer peace of mind throughout the course of their lawsuit.
Lawsuit funding laws, regulation, and relevant ethics opinions in Virginia
Virginia state law allows assignment of legal case proceeds meaning that lawsuit loans are legally allowed in Virginia. Lawyers are allowed to help plaintiffs obtain loans from third parties, but are not allowed to lend to clients for living expenses themselves. Most lawsuit funding companies provide services to residents of VA.
Laws regarding lawsuit loans in Virginia
Virginia state law allows for assignment of legal case proceeds.
Source: § 8.01-26. Assignment of causes of action
Can a lawyer lend money to a client in Virginia?
In Virginia attorneys cannot give clients financial assistance to their clients.
Source: Virginia Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 1.8(e)
Lawsuit loan alternatives in Virginia
Lawsuit loans are expensive. Plaintiffs in Virginia should exhaust all other options before seeking legal funding. Check out the local resources below for some ideas:
- Virginia Rent Relief Program – the Virginia Relief Program (RRP) provides rental assistance to qualifying Virginians with the opportunity for annual renewal if required.
- Food Assistance – food assistance in Virginia is through the federal SNAP program, which offers aid to those who meet eligibility requirements based on income and resources.
- Medical Assistance Programs – there are a variety of medical assistance programs available in Virginia, including programs for children, pregnant women, families, and aging adults, as well as family planning and cancer detection services.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – the TANF program in Virginia offers financial assistance for families with eligible children. It is required to be administered in accordance with federal and state program statutes.