Updated on 5/24/2022
This article helps plaintiffs and attorneys alike learn more about lawsuit loans and alternatives in North Dakota. Below you will find the following information:
Lawsuit loan companies serving North Dakota
Below you will find a list of companies that provide funding in North Dakota. We highlight lawsuit loan companies we recommend, as well as local and regional funding companies where applicable.
Recommended lawsuit loan companies funding North Dakota residents
We recommend the following companies for plaintiffs residing in North Dakota.
Our pick for low rate lawsuit loans
USClaims offers some of the lowest, non-compounding rates in the industry. Many companies claim to offer “the lowest rates in the industry” – we recommend comparing them against an offer from USClaims to see for yourself.
Highly rated on Google
High Rise Financial is a California-based lawsuit loan company. They have the most five-star reviews of any funding company in the industry. In addition to pre-settlement funding, High Rise provides medical care scheduling and financing services.
Our pick for fast lawsuit settlement loans
Thrivest Link Legal Funding offers reasonable funding terms often with simple, non-compounding rates. Their expert underwriting allows them to fund larger sums than many of their competitors. They frequently approve claims for funding within 24 hours.
Highly rated by consumers
Capital Now Funding is a Kentucky-based settlement advance company founded in 2015. They claim to offer a 45% fixed fee model with no interest. This could be advantageous for claimants expecting a lengthy legal claim.
Lawsuit loan companies located in North Dakota
Compare Lawsuit Loans does not currently cover any local lawsuit lending companies in North Dakota. Local funding companies interested in being included on this page may contact us at [email protected]
Regional pre-settlement funding companies that serve North Dakota residents
- Mustang Litigation Funding – Mustang Litigation Funding is a relatively new but quickly growing lawsuit funding company based in Minnesota. They have provided more than $50 million in funds to plaintiffs and attorneys since 2018.
- Preferred Capital Funding – Preferred Capital Funding claims to be the first pre-settlement funding provider in the US. They receive most of their business directly from referring attorneys.
Other pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies serving North Dakota residents
- 5 Star Legal Funding – 5 Star Legal Funding is based in New York and was founded in 2006. They advertise simple, non-compounding rates and capped repayment terms.
- Ally Lawsuit Loans – Ally Lawsuit Loans is affiliated with or closely related to Nova Legal Funding. They claim to be located in Houston, Texas.
- Baker Street Funding – Baker Street Funding is a relatively new personal injury case funding company based in New York. Despite the company’s age, they are growing very quickly. They claim to provide rates between 1.5% and 3.4%, compounding monthly.
- Baric Enterprises – Florida-based Baric Enterprises, Inc. provides non-recourse personal injury loans as well as several kinds of insurance and retirement planning services.
- Bridgeway Legal Funding – Bridgeway Legal Funding offers reasonable rates and fast processing of workers’ compensation lawsuit loans. Workers’ compensation funding is typically only available in states in which an attorney controls the settlement proceeds.
- Case Cash Funding – Case Cash Funding is a New York lawsuit lending company that claims to provide advances at 2.99%, compounded monthly with a $100 processing fee and a delivery fee ranging from $0 to $99.
- Cherokee Funding – Georgia-based Cherokee Funding provides pre-settlement and post-settlement plaintiff and attorney funding. They claim to fund almost all types of legal cases, so long as there is solid liability, damages, and a defendant with the ability to pay.
- Client Legal Funding – Florida-based Client Legal Funding was founded in 2011. They offer pre-settlement funding, post-settlement funding, medical funding, and attorney funding services.
- Glofin Funding – Founded in 2002, Glofin Funding is one of the longest-standing providers of personal injury funding in the United States. They serve plaintiffs nationwide with a few exceptions.
- Golden Pear Funding – Golden Pear Funding is one of the largest lawsuit funding companies in the US. They are primarily focused on funding plaintiffs residing in New York. Since 2008, they have extended more than $600 million in funding.
- Liberty Settlement Funding – Liberty Settlement Funding is a Florida-based lawsuit settlement funding company serving plaintiffs nationwide.
- Momentum Funding – Headquartered in Florida, Momentum Funding focuses on personal injury and workers’ compensation lawsuit advances.
- National Lawsuit Funding – National Lawsuit Funding is a funding provider based in Pennsylvania.
- Necessity Funding – Necessity Funding’s claims of two-hour funding puts them among the fastest legal advance companies in the US. Their “No Doc” advances may make them a good pick if you have a relatively new case.
- Nova Legal Funding – Nova Legal Funding is a direct funder and broker of lawsuit loans based in Los Angeles. They claim to have provided more than $25 million of pre-settlement funding to plaintiffs.
- Pegasus Legal Capital – Pegasus Legal Capital provides non-recourse lawsuit settlement funding to plaintiffs nationwide. They claim to provide approvals within four to six hours from receiving documentation from your law office.
- Prime Case Funding – Prime Case Funding is a legal funding provider located in New York. They have exceptional online reviews and quote a rate of 2.75% compounded monthly on their website.
- Signal Funding – Florida-based Signal Funding claims to provide $500 to $500,000 in pre-settlement funding with same-day service. They provide funding to injured plaintiffs nationwide. Signal Funding has solid reviews on Google but a less impressive reputation on Yelp.
- The Legal Funding Group – Based in Savannah, Georgia, The Legal Funding Group provides lawsuit cash advances nationwide. On their website, they quote a rate of 36% every six months.
- Triumph Legal Funding – New Jersey’s Triumph Legal Funding offers competitive rates and fast, friendly service. Triumph favors rolling contracts with pre-approved monthly funding amounts to help clients budget and offer peace of mind throughout the course of their lawsuit.
Lawsuit funding laws, regulation, and relevant ethics opinions in North Dakota
There are no laws regulating pre-settlement financing in North Dakota and advances are not regulated as loans. North Dakota does uphold the champerty doctrine, but lawsuit funding contracts would likely be upheld so long as the lawsuit lending company does not interfere with the case. Most funding companies service the state.
Legal funding case law in North Dakota
In Interstate Collection Agency v. Kuntz, a trial court sided with Kuntz partially because of issues with champerty in the assignment of the claim against Kuntz to the collection agency. On appeal, this stance was reversed. The appellate court cited Rohan v. Johnson stating that case law did not support voiding a contract on the basis of champerty alone.
Source: Interstate Collection Agency v. Kuntz
Can a lawyer lend money to a client in North Dakota?
Depending on the situation, a lawyer may give a client a loan in order to reasonably withstand litigation. This is to avoid clients settling due to financial hardships. This is all detailed in North Dakota’s rules of professional conduct.
Source: North Dakota Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 1.8(e)
Lawsuit loan alternatives in North Dakota
Lawsuit loans are expensive. Plaintiffs in North Dakota should exhaust all other options before seeking legal funding. Check out the local resources below for some ideas:
- Rental Payments Help in North Dakota – rental help in North Dakota is available in the form of subsidized apartments and Section 8 vouchers for low-income families.
- North Dakota Medicaid – Medicaid is an insurance program for low-income residents that offers coverage for medical and dental care.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – SNAP offers nutritional assistance in the form of monthly cash payments that can be used at grocery stores and other participating retailers.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program – this program gives North Dakotans who make at or below 60% of the state median income access to help with heating costs.