Updated on 12/17/2021
This article helps plaintiffs and attorneys alike learn more about lawsuit loans and alternatives in Montana. Below you will find the following information:
Lawsuit loan alternatives in Montana
Lawsuit loans are expensive. Plaintiffs in Montana should exhaust all other options before seeking legal funding. Check out the local resources below for some ideas:
- Montana’s SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program) – Montana’s version of SNAP helps low-income families afford healthier food options. The amount of benefits dispensed depends on income and household size.
- Montana Housing (Emergency Rental Assistance) – this page connects Montana residents in need with a variety of resources (public and private) that they can use to help pay rent, find affordable housing, and more.
- Low-Income Energy Assistance – the Low-Income Energy Assistance (LIEAP) program helps low-income Montana residents afford their heating costs between October 1 through April 30 of each year. Eligibility is based on income and resource limits
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – this program offers temporary cash assistance to legal Montana residents with at least one dependent child and who earn under a specific income level.
Lawsuit funding laws, regulation and relevant ethics opinions in Montana
Attorneys are prohibited by state law from purchasing stakes in claims but the same does not apply to non-attorneys. The Montana Bar has not issued any ethics opinions on the matter. Most settlement loan companies provide funding in the state.
Can a lawyer lend money to a client in Montana?
Lawyers can help clients by advancing the costs of litigation to the end of the trial or, if the client is impoverished, covering the costs of litigation. In Montana, attorneys however, cannot provide financial assistance beyond this.
Source: Montana Rules of Professional Conduct 1.8(e)
Lawsuit loan companies serving Montana
Recommended lawsuit loan companies funding Montana residents
US Claims offers some of the lowest, non-compounding rates in the industry. Many companies claim to offer “the lowest rates in the industry” – we recommend comparing them against an offer from US Claims. to see for yourself.
Triumph Legal Funding offers competitive rates and fast, friendly service. Triumph favors rolling contracts with pre-approved monthly funding amounts to help clients budget and offer peace of mind throughout the course of their lawsuit.
Lawsuit loan companies located in Montana
Compare Lawsuit Loans does not currently cover any local lawsuit lending companies in Montana. Local funding companies interested in being included on this page may contact us at [email protected]
Regional pre-settlement funding companies that serve Montana residents
- Nova Legal Funding – Nova Legal Funding is a direct funder and broker of lawsuit loans based in Los Angeles. They claim to have provided more than $25 million of pre-settlement funding to plaintiffs.
Other pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies serving Montana residents
- 5 Star Legal Funding
- Baker Street Funding
- Baric Enterprises
- Bridgeway Legal Funding
- Capital Now Funding
- Case Cash Funding
- Cherokee Funding
- Client Legal Funding
- Glofin Funding
- Golden Pear Funding
- Momentum Funding
- Mustang Litigation Funding
- National Lawsuit Funding
- Necessity Funding
- Oasis Financial
- Pegasus Legal Capital
- Prime Case Funding
- Signal Funding
- The Legal Funding Group
- Tribeca Capital Group