Updated on 9/8/2022
This article helps plaintiffs and attorneys alike learn more about lawsuit loans and alternatives in Iowa. Below you will find the following information:
Lawsuit loan companies serving Iowa
Below you will find a list of companies that provide funding in Iowa. We highlight lawsuit loan companies we recommend, as well as local and regional funding companies where applicable.
Recommended lawsuit loan companies funding Iowa residents
We recommend the following companies for plaintiffs residing in Iowa.
Our pick for low rate lawsuit loans
USClaims offers some of the lowest, non-compounding rates in the industry. Many companies claim to offer “the lowest rates in the industry” – we recommend comparing them against an offer from USClaims to see for yourself.
Highly rated on Google
High Rise Financial is a California-based lawsuit loan company. They have the most five-star reviews of any funding company in the industry. In addition to pre-settlement funding, High Rise provides medical care scheduling and financing services.
Our pick for fast lawsuit settlement loans
Thrivest Link Legal Funding offers reasonable funding terms often with simple, non-compounding rates. Their expert underwriting allows them to fund larger sums than many of their competitors. They frequently approve claims for funding within 24 hours.
Highly rated by consumers
Capital Now Funding is a Kentucky-based settlement advance company founded in 2015. They claim to offer a 45% fixed fee model with no interest. This could be advantageous for claimants expecting a lengthy legal claim.
Lawsuit loan companies located in Iowa
Compare Lawsuit Loans does not currently cover any local lawsuit lending companies in Iowa. Local funding companies interested in being included on this page may contact us at [email protected]
Regional pre-settlement funding companies that serve Iowa residents
- Mustang Litigation Funding – Mustang Litigation Funding is a relatively new but quickly growing lawsuit funding company based in Minnesota. They have provided more than $50 million in funds to plaintiffs and attorneys since 2018.
- Oasis Financial – Oasis Financial is one of the largest pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies in the United States. Oasis Financial has provided funding to more than 250,000 plaintiffs since 2003.
- Preferred Capital Funding – Preferred Capital Funding claims to be the first pre-settlement funding provider in the US. They receive most of their business directly from referring attorneys.
Other pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies serving Iowa residents
- 5 Star Legal Funding – 5 Star Legal Funding is based in New York and was founded in 2006. They advertise simple, non-compounding rates and capped repayment terms.
- Baker Street Funding – Baker Street Funding is a relatively new personal injury case funding company based in New York. Despite the company’s age, they are growing very quickly. They claim to provide rates between 1.5% and 3.4%, compounding monthly.
- Bridgeway Legal Funding – Bridgeway Legal Funding offers reasonable rates and fast processing of workers’ compensation lawsuit loans. Workers’ compensation funding is typically only available in states in which an attorney controls the settlement proceeds.
- Cherokee Funding – Georgia-based Cherokee Funding provides pre-settlement and post-settlement plaintiff and attorney funding. They claim to fund almost all types of legal cases, so long as there is solid liability, damages, and a defendant with the ability to pay.
- Client Legal Funding – Florida-based Client Legal Funding was founded in 2011. They offer pre-settlement funding, post-settlement funding, medical funding, and attorney funding services.
- Glofin Funding – Founded in 2002, Glofin Funding is one of the longest-standing providers of personal injury funding in the United States. They serve plaintiffs nationwide with a few exceptions.
- Liberty Settlement Funding – Liberty Settlement Funding is a Florida-based lawsuit settlement funding company serving plaintiffs nationwide.
- Nova Legal Funding – Nova Legal Funding is a direct funder and broker of lawsuit loans based in Los Angeles. They claim to have provided more than $70 million of pre-settlement funding to plaintiffs.
- Prime Case Funding – Prime Case Funding is a legal funding provider located in New York. They have exceptional online reviews and quote a rate of 2.75% compounded monthly on their website.
- Signal Funding – Florida-based Signal Funding claims to provide $500 to $500,000 in pre-settlement funding with same-day service. They provide funding to injured plaintiffs nationwide. Signal Funding has solid reviews on Google but a less impressive reputation on Yelp.
- The Legal Funding Group – Based in Savannah, Georgia, The Legal Funding Group provides lawsuit cash advances nationwide. On their website, they quote a rate of 36% every six months.
- Triumph Legal Funding – New Jersey’s Triumph Legal Funding offers competitive rates and fast, friendly service. Triumph favors rolling contracts with pre-approved monthly funding amounts to help clients budget and offer peace of mind throughout the course of their lawsuit.
Lawsuit funding laws, regulation, and relevant ethics opinions in Iowa
Iowa does not have any state law regarding legal lending. Iowa common law indicates that champerty and maintenance doctrines do not apply but that courts will not enforce agreements contrary to the public good.
Legal funding case law in Iowa
Iowa law does not prohibit non-attorneys from engaging in maintenance and champerty, but case law states that Iowa courts will not uphold contracts that are contrary to justice and the peace and happiness of the community.
Source: Boardman v. Thompson
Can a lawyer lend money to a client in Iowa?
While an attorney cannot cover living expenses for a client, they can advance the costs of litigation or cover the costs completely. This is regulated by the Iowa Bar Association.
Source: Iowa Rules of Professional Conduct 1.8(e)
Can attorneys help clients receive lawsuit loans in Iowa?
Attorneys may not guarantee loans to clients. Standard funding agreements do not require an attorney’s guarantee.
Source: Iowa Rules of Professional Conduct 1.8(e)
Lawsuit loan alternatives in Iowa
Lawsuit loans are expensive. Plaintiffs in Iowa should exhaust all other options before seeking legal funding. Check out the local resources below for some ideas:
- Rent and Utility Assistance Program – can provide up to 12 months of rent or utility assistance. You will need to verify your income and risk of homelessness. Eligible participants must qualify for unemployment compensation benefits or demonstrate financial hardship.
- Food Banks in Iowa – get location and program information on food banks that service Iowa. Proof of residency may be required to participate.
- Get Help Paying For Food in Iowa – the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) can give you and your family access to nutritious foods to stay healthy. Your household size and income determine eligibility and benefit amount.