Updated on 2/29/2024
This article helps plaintiffs and attorneys alike learn more about lawsuit loans and alternatives in Idaho. Below you will find the following information:
Lawsuit loan companies serving Idaho
Below you will find a list of companies that provide funding in Idaho. We highlight lawsuit loan companies we recommend, as well as local and regional funding companies where applicable.
Recommended lawsuit loan companies funding Idaho residents
We recommend the following companies for plaintiffs residing in Idaho.
Our pick for low rate lawsuit loans
USClaims offers some of the lowest, non-compounding rates in the industry. Many companies claim to offer “the lowest rates in the industry” – we recommend comparing them against an offer from USClaims to see for yourself.
Our pick for fast lawsuit settlement loans
Thrivest Link Legal Funding offers reasonable funding terms often with simple, non-compounding rates. Their expert underwriting allows them to fund larger sums than many of their competitors. They frequently approve claims for funding within 24 hours.
Highly rated on Google
High Rise Financial is a California-based lawsuit loan company. They have the most five-star reviews of any funding company in the industry. In addition to pre-settlement funding, High Rise provides medical care scheduling and financing services.
Lawsuit loan companies located in Idaho
Compare Lawsuit Loans does not currently cover any local lawsuit lending companies in Idaho. Local funding companies interested in being included on this page may contact us at [email protected].
Regional pre-settlement funding companies that serve Idaho residents
- High Rise Financial – High Rise Financial is a California-based lawsuit loan company. They have among the most five-star reviews of any funding company in the industry. In addition to pre-settlement funding, High Rise Financial provides medical care scheduling and financing services.
- Nova Legal Funding – Nova Legal Funding is a direct funder and broker of lawsuit loans based in Los Angeles. They claim to have provided more than $70 million of pre-settlement funding to plaintiffs.
Other pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies serving Idaho residents
- Cherokee Funding – Georgia-based Cherokee Funding provides pre-settlement and post-settlement plaintiff and attorney funding. They claim to fund almost all types of legal cases, so long as there is solid liability, damages, and a defendant with the ability to pay.
- Golden Pear Funding – Golden Pear Funding is one of the largest lawsuit funding companies in the US. They are primarily focused on funding plaintiffs residing in New York. Since 2008, they have extended more than $600 million in funding.
- Mustang Litigation Funding – Mustang Litigation Funding is a relatively new but quickly growing lawsuit funding company based in Minnesota. They have provided more than $50 million in funds to plaintiffs and attorneys since 2018.
- Oasis Financial – Oasis Financial is one of the largest pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies in the United States. Oasis Financial has provided funding to more than 250,000 plaintiffs since 2003.
- Signal Funding – Florida-based Signal Funding claims to provide $500 to $500,000 in pre-settlement funding with same-day service. They provide funding to injured plaintiffs nationwide. Signal Funding has solid reviews on Google but a less impressive reputation on Yelp.
Lawsuit funding laws, regulation, and relevant ethics opinions in Idaho
Idaho does not have a statute regarding lawsuit loans in the state. Common law indicates that legal loan agreements are enforceable in the state as long as they do not pervert the legal process. Most lawsuit lending companies provide funding in Idaho.
Legal funding case law in Idaho
According to Wolford v. Tankersley, Idaho does not recognize champerty or maintenance doctrines. Third-party lawsuit loan agreements are enforceable unless they constitute an “abuse of process or malicious prosecution of civil actions.”
Source: Wolford v. Tankersley
Can a lawyer lend money to a client in Idaho?
For residents in Idaho, an attorney cannot help their client out financially. The most they can do is advance the costs of litigation, or in some cases cover the costs of litigation.
Source: Idaho Rules of Professional Conduct 1.8(e)
Can attorneys help clients receive lawsuit loans in Idaho?
Lawyers may not make, subsidize or guarantee loans to clients. Typically, lawsuit lending companies do not require lawyers to do so.
Source: Idaho Rules of Professional Conduct 1.8(e)
Lawsuit loan alternatives in Idaho
Lawsuit loans are expensive. Plaintiffs in Idaho should exhaust all other options before seeking legal funding. Check out the local resources below for some ideas:
- Idaho Food Banks – find food banks that service your location. You may need to provide proof of your residency.
- Emergency Rent and Utilities Help – if you have experienced a financial emergency and are unable to pay your rent or utilities, this resource can help. You will need to provide basic information about your household and income. A copy of your current lease and proof of unpaid rent or a past-due utility bill are also required.
- Idaho 211 – if you or someone you know needs help, call and get information and answers on several human services programs located in your area. Get advice on which programs would benefit you the most, as well as how to apply.
- Other Idaho Rent Payment Help Organizations by Region – check this out for additional programs assisting with emergencies. Select a program based on your region to see more information and qualifying criteria.