Updated on 12/28/2022
This article helps plaintiffs and attorneys alike learn more about lawsuit loans and alternatives in Oklahoma. Below you will find the following information:
Lawsuit loan companies serving Oklahoma
Below you will find a list of companies that provide funding in Oklahoma. We highlight lawsuit loan companies we recommend, as well as local and regional funding companies where applicable.
Recommended lawsuit loan companies funding Oklahoma residents
We recommend the following companies for plaintiffs residing in Oklahoma.
Our pick for low rate lawsuit loans
USClaims offers some of the lowest, non-compounding rates in the industry. Many companies claim to offer “the lowest rates in the industry” – we recommend comparing them against an offer from USClaims to see for yourself.
Our pick for fast lawsuit settlement loans
Thrivest Link Legal Funding offers reasonable funding terms often with simple, non-compounding rates. Their expert underwriting allows them to fund larger sums than many of their competitors. They frequently approve claims for funding within 24 hours.
Highly rated by consumers
Capital Now Funding is a Kentucky-based settlement advance company founded in 2015. They claim to offer a 45% fixed fee model with no interest. This could be advantageous for claimants expecting a lengthy legal claim.
Lawsuit loan companies located in Oklahoma
Compare Lawsuit Loans does not currently cover any local lawsuit lending companies in Oklahoma. Local funding companies interested in being included on this page may contact us at [email protected].
Regional pre-settlement funding companies that serve Oklahoma residents
- Ally Lawsuit Loans – Ally Lawsuit Loans is affiliated with or closely related to Nova Legal Funding. They claim to be located in Houston, Texas.
- Capital Now Funding – Capital Now Funding is a Kentucky-based settlement advance company founded in 2015. In most states, they offer pre-settlement funding with a 45% fixed-fee model. This could be advantageous for claimants expecting a lengthy legal claim.
- Client Legal Funding – Florida-based Client Legal Funding was founded in 2011. They offer pre-settlement funding, post-settlement funding, medical funding, and attorney funding services.
- Glofin Funding – Founded in 2002, Glofin Funding is one of the longest-standing providers of personal injury funding in the United States. They serve plaintiffs nationwide with a few exceptions.
- Momentum Funding – Headquartered in Florida, Momentum Funding focuses on personal injury and workers’ compensation lawsuit advances.
- The Legal Funding Group – Based in Savannah, Georgia, The Legal Funding Group provides lawsuit cash advances nationwide. On their website, they quote a rate of 36% every six months.
- USClaims – USClaims offers some of the lowest, non-compounding rates in the industry. Many companies claim to offer the lowest rates in the industry – we recommend comparing them against an offer from USClaims to see for yourself.
Other pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies serving Oklahoma residents
- 5 Star Legal Funding – 5 Star Legal Funding is based in New York and was founded in 2006. They advertise simple, non-compounding rates and capped repayment terms.
- Baker Street Funding – Baker Street Funding is a relatively new personal injury case funding company based in New York. Despite the company’s age, they are growing very quickly. They claim to provide rates between 1.5% and 3.4%, compounding monthly.
- Bridgeway Legal Funding – Bridgeway Legal Funding offers reasonable rates and fast processing of workers’ compensation lawsuit loans. Workers’ compensation funding is typically only available in states in which an attorney controls the settlement proceeds.
- Mustang Litigation Funding – Mustang Litigation Funding is a relatively new but quickly growing lawsuit funding company based in Minnesota. They have provided more than $50 million in funds to plaintiffs and attorneys since 2018.
- Nova Legal Funding – Nova Legal Funding is a direct funder and broker of lawsuit loans based in Los Angeles. They claim to have provided more than $70 million of pre-settlement funding to plaintiffs.
- Oasis Financial – Oasis Financial is one of the largest pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies in the United States. Oasis Financial has provided funding to more than 250,000 plaintiffs since 2003.
- Pegasus Legal Capital – Pegasus Legal Capital provides non-recourse lawsuit settlement funding to plaintiffs nationwide. They claim to provide approvals within four to six hours from receiving documentation from your law office.
- Preferred Capital Funding – Preferred Capital Funding claims to be the first pre-settlement funding provider in the US. They receive most of their business directly from referring attorneys.
- Prime Case Funding – Prime Case Funding is a legal funding provider located in New York. They have exceptional online reviews and quote a rate of 2.75% compounded monthly on their website.
- Triumph Legal Funding – New Jersey’s Triumph Legal Funding offers competitive rates and fast, friendly service. Triumph favors rolling contracts with pre-approved monthly funding amounts to help clients budget and offer peace of mind throughout the course of their lawsuit.
Lawsuit funding laws, regulation, and relevant ethics opinions in Oklahoma
Oklahoma law requires registration with the state and certain disclosures in lawsuit loan contracts but stops short of placing a rate cap on legal funding transactions. Lawyers cannot provide loans for living expenses to their clients. Some lawsuit funding companies are registered with and fund in the state..
Laws regarding lawsuit loans in Oklahoma
Oklahoma’s statute regarding lawsuit loans (Consumer Litigation Funding Agreements) enforces disclosure requirements for lawsuit lending contracts. Oklahoma does not impose rate or fee caps on pre-settlement funding contracts. Lawsuit loan companies must be registered and licensed with the state to fund residents of Oklahoma.
Source: Consumer Litigation Funding Agreements
Can a lawyer lend money to a client in Oklahoma?
Clients in Oklahoma cannot receive loans from attorneys. Depending on the situation, an attorney can advance or even cover the costs of litigation on behalf of the client.
Source: Oklahoma Rules of Professional Conduct Rule 1.8(e)
Lawsuit loan alternatives in Oklahoma
Lawsuit loans are expensive. Plaintiffs in Oklahoma should exhaust all other options before seeking legal funding. Check out the local resources below for some ideas:
- Rental and Housing Assistance in Oklahoma – rental help in Oklahoma includes subsidized apartments and Section 8 housing vouchers for residents who qualify based on income and resource requirements.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) – LIHEAP offers assistance for home energy use in two forms: the first is Regular Energy Assistance Program (REAP), a non-crisis resource. The second is the Energy Crisis Assistance Program (ECAP), an emergency service available between March and May for those establishing new services or restore interrupted services.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – with help from TANF, families can receive temporary cash assistance on a limited-time basis, including Soonercare, a child care subsidy.