Updated on 12/28/2022
This article helps plaintiffs and attorneys alike learn more about lawsuit loans and alternatives in Mississippi. Below you will find the following information:
Lawsuit loan companies serving Mississippi
Below you will find a list of companies that provide funding in Mississippi. We highlight lawsuit loan companies we recommend, as well as local and regional funding companies where applicable.
Recommended lawsuit loan companies funding Mississippi residents
Our pick for fast lawsuit settlement loans
Thrivest Link Legal Funding offers reasonable funding terms often with simple, non-compounding rates. Their expert underwriting allows them to fund larger sums than many of their competitors. They frequently approve claims for funding within 24 hours.
Highly rated on Google
High Rise Financial is a California-based lawsuit loan company. They have the most five-star reviews of any funding company in the industry. In addition to pre-settlement funding, High Rise provides medical care scheduling and financing services.
Lawsuit loan companies located in Mississippi
Compare Lawsuit Loans does not currently cover any local lawsuit lending companies in Mississippi. Local funding companies interested in being included on this page may contact us at [email protected]
Regional pre-settlement funding companies that serve Mississippi residents
- Capital Now Funding – Capital Now Funding is a Kentucky-based settlement advance company founded in 2015. In most states, they offer pre-settlement funding with a 45% fixed-fee model. This could be advantageous for claimants expecting a lengthy legal claim.
- Cherokee Funding – Georgia-based Cherokee Funding provides pre-settlement and post-settlement plaintiff and attorney funding. They claim to fund almost all types of legal cases, so long as there is solid liability, damages, and a defendant with the ability to pay.
- Glofin Funding – Founded in 2002, Glofin Funding is one of the longest-standing providers of personal injury funding in the United States. They serve plaintiffs nationwide with a few exceptions.
- Liberty Settlement Funding – Liberty Settlement Funding is a Florida-based lawsuit settlement funding company serving plaintiffs nationwide.
- Momentum Funding – Headquartered in Florida, Momentum Funding focuses on personal injury and workers’ compensation lawsuit advances.
- Signal Funding – Florida-based Signal Funding claims to provide $500 to $500,000 in pre-settlement funding with same-day service. They provide funding to injured plaintiffs nationwide. Signal Funding has solid reviews on Google but a less impressive reputation on Yelp.
- The Legal Funding Group – Based in Savannah, Georgia, The Legal Funding Group provides lawsuit cash advances nationwide. On their website, they quote a rate of 36% every six months.
Other pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies serving Mississippi residents
- Baker Street Funding – Baker Street Funding is a relatively new personal injury case funding company based in New York. Despite the company’s age, they are growing very quickly. They claim to provide rates between 1.5% and 3.4%, compounding monthly.
- Bridgeway Legal Funding – Bridgeway Legal Funding offers reasonable rates and fast processing of workers’ compensation lawsuit loans. Workers’ compensation funding is typically only available in states in which an attorney controls the settlement proceeds.
- Case Cash Funding – Case Cash Funding is a New York lawsuit lending company that claims to provide advances at 2.99%, compounded monthly with a $100 processing fee and a delivery fee ranging from $0 to $99.
- Golden Pear Funding – Golden Pear Funding is one of the largest lawsuit funding companies in the US. They are primarily focused on funding plaintiffs residing in New York. Since 2008, they have extended more than $600 million in funding.
- Mustang Litigation Funding – Mustang Litigation Funding is a relatively new but quickly growing lawsuit funding company based in Minnesota. They have provided more than $50 million in funds to plaintiffs and attorneys since 2018.
- Nova Legal Funding – Nova Legal Funding is a direct funder and broker of lawsuit loans based in Los Angeles. They claim to have provided more than $70 million of pre-settlement funding to plaintiffs.
- Oasis Financial – Oasis Financial is one of the largest pre-settlement lawsuit loan companies in the United States. Oasis Financial has provided funding to more than 250,000 plaintiffs since 2003.
- Pegasus Legal Capital – Pegasus Legal Capital provides non-recourse lawsuit settlement funding to plaintiffs nationwide. They claim to provide approvals within four to six hours from receiving documentation from your law office.
- Preferred Capital Funding – Preferred Capital Funding claims to be the first pre-settlement funding provider in the US. They receive most of their business directly from referring attorneys.
- Prime Case Funding – Prime Case Funding is a legal funding provider located in New York. They have exceptional online reviews and quote a rate of 2.75% compounded monthly on their website.
- Triumph Legal Funding – New Jersey’s Triumph Legal Funding offers competitive rates and fast, friendly service. Triumph favors rolling contracts with pre-approved monthly funding amounts to help clients budget and offer peace of mind throughout the course of their lawsuit.
Lawsuit funding laws, regulation, and relevant ethics opinions in Mississippi
Mississippi statutory law effectively prohibits lawsuit loans. Case law has upheld this prohibition. Few settlement funding companies operate in the state because of this.
Laws regarding lawsuit loans in Mississippi
Mississippi Code Title 97. Crimes § 97-9-11. Maintenance and certain actions involving legal proceedings unlawful. Mississippi law prohibits lawsuit lending in the state on the basis of champerty and maintenance doctrines.
Source: Mississippi Code Title 97. Crimes § 97-9-11. Maintenance and certain actions involving legal proceedings unlawful
Legal funding case law in Mississippi
In Sneed v. Ford Motor Co. the court decided that valid assignments must avoid champerty. Champerty is prohibited by state law in MS.
Source: Sneed v. Ford Motor Co.
Can a lawyer lend money to a client in Mississippi?
In Mississippi, in order to avoid settling because of financial hardship, a lawyer can reasonably cover medical and living expenses for a client.Repayment for this funding would be contingent on the success of the case.
Source: Mississippi Rules of Professional Conduct 1.8(e)
Lawsuit loan alternatives in Mississippi
Lawsuit loans are expensive. Plaintiffs in Mississippi should exhaust all other options before seeking legal funding. Check out the local resources below for some ideas:
- Mississippi’s Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) – Mississippi’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly the food stamp program) provides benefits every month to low-income households. This support can help them buy food that supports good nutrition. Benefits depend on income and household size.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – this program offers temporary cash assistance to Mississippi residents across the state. Primary eligibility requirements include being a legal MS resident with a dependent child and being below a certain income level.
- Mississippi Low-Income Child Care Initiative – the MLICCI is a statewide non-profit that connects parents in need with programs and assistance in caring for their children. This includes helping single parents with job training and assisting in the application process to receive state aid.