Updated on 12/17/2021
This article helps plaintiffs and attorneys alike learn more about lawsuit loans and alternatives in New Hampshire. Below you will find the following information:
Lawsuit loan alternatives in New Hampshire
Lawsuit loans are expensive. Plaintiffs in New Hampshire should exhaust all other options before seeking legal funding. Check out the local resources below for some ideas:
- New Hampshire – Medicaid Program – Medicaid in New Hampshire provides health insurance to low-income residents who do not have alternative opportunities to obtain coverage and can’t afford traditional resources.
- Division of Family Assistance – this agency offers a wide range of benefits for residents, including financial assistance, food and nutritional access, child care resources, and emergency housing help.
- Fuel Assistance Program (FAP) – the FAP offers financial support to offset heating costs for low-income New Hampshire residents of between $158 to $1,575 annually, depending on income and home fuel costs.
- Food Stamp Program – this program provides Electronic Benefit Transfer resources to be used to purchase food from most grocery stores and alternative shopping, like farmers’ markets.
Lawsuit funding laws, regulation and relevant ethics opinions in New Hampshire
There are no state laws in New Hampshire that would impact lawsuit loans. Common law is supportive of lawsuit loans – champerty and maintenance doctrines do not apply in New Hampshire. Lawyers are forbidden from lending to clients. However, the New Hampshire Bar Association issued an ethics opinion indicating that lawyers may, with caution, ethically assist clients with funding requests from third-parties.
Legal funding case law in New Hampshire
In Markarian v. Bartis the court decided that champerty and maintenance doctrines are not in-force in New Hampshire. That means that lawsuit lending agreements are unlikely to be struck down on that basis.
Source: Markarian v. Bartis
Can a lawyer lend money to a client in New Hampshire?
In New Hampshire, attorneys can advance the the costs of litigation for a case, and in some instances cover them completely. However, attorneys cannot grant financial assistance to plaintiffs.
Source: New Hampshire Rules of Professional Conduct 1.8(e)
Can attorneys help clients receive lawsuit loans in New Hampshire?
It is not unethical for attorneys in New hampshire to help clients get funding. They must however be aware of any potential risks.
Source: New Hampshire Bar Association Ethics Committee Advisory Opinion #2004-05/01
Lawsuit loan companies serving New Hampshire
Recommended lawsuit loan companies funding New Hampshire residents
US Claims offers some of the lowest, non-compounding rates in the industry. Many companies claim to offer “the lowest rates in the industry” – we recommend comparing them against an offer from US Claims. to see for yourself.
Triumph Legal Funding offers competitive rates and fast, friendly service. Triumph favors rolling contracts with pre-approved monthly funding amounts to help clients budget and offer peace of mind throughout the course of their lawsuit.
Thrivest Link Legal Funding offers reasonable funding terms often with simple, non-compounding rates. Their expert underwriting allows them to fund larger sums than many of their competitors. They frequently approve claims for funding within 24 hours.
Lawsuit loan companies located in New Hampshire
Compare Lawsuit Loans does not currently cover any local lawsuit lending companies in New Hampshire. Local funding companies interested in being included on this page may contact us at [email protected]
Regional pre-settlement funding companies that serve New Hampshire residents
- 5 Star Legal Funding – 5 Star Legal Funding is based in New York and was founded in 2006. They advertise simple, non-compounding rates and capped repayment terms.
- Baker Street Funding – Baker Street Funding is a relatively new personal injury case funding company based in New York. Despite the company’s age, they are growing very quickly. They claim to provide rates between 1.5% and 3.4%, compounding monthly.
- Bridgeway Legal Funding – Bridgeway Legal Funding offers reasonable rates and fast processing of workers’ compensation lawsuit loans. Workers’ compensation funding is typically only available in states in which an attorney controls the settlement proceeds.
- Case Cash Funding – Case Cash Funding is a New York lawsuit lending company that claims to provide advances at 2.99%, compounded monthly with a $100 processing fee and a delivery fee ranging from $0 to $99.
- Golden Pear Funding – Golden Pear is one of the largest lawsuit funding companies in the US. They are primarily focused on funding plaintiffs residing in New York. Since 2008, they have extended more than $600 million in funding.
- National Lawsuit Funding – National Lawsuit Funding is a funding provider based in Pennsylvania. They focus on smaller advance amounts and charge interest rates as high as 8.99% compounded monthly.
- Necessity Funding – Necessity Funding’s claims of two hour funding puts them among the fastest legal advance companies in the US. Their ‘No Doc’ advances may make them a good pick if you have a relatively new case.
- Pegasus Legal Capital – Pegasus Legal Capital provides non-recourse lawsuit settlement funding to plaintiffs nationwide. They claim to provide approvals within four to six hours from receiving documentation from your law office.
- Prime Case Funding – Prime Case Funding is a legal funding provider located in New York. They have exceptional online reviews and quote a rate of 2.75% compounded monthly on their website.
- Thrivest Link Legal Funding – Thrivest Link Legal Funding offers reasonable funding terms often with simple, non-compounding rates. Their expert underwriting allows them to fund larger sums than many of their competitors. They frequently approve claims for funding within 24 hours.
- Tribeca Capital Group – Tribeca Capital Group is a broker and direct funding company headquartered in both Los Angeles and New Jersey. They indicate that the rate they charge varies from case to case.
- Triumph Legal Funding – New Jersey’s Triumph Legal Funding offers competitive rates and fast, friendly service. Triumph favors rolling contracts with pre-approved monthly funding amounts to help clients budget and offer peace of mind throughout the course of their lawsuit.
- US Claims – US Claims offers some of the lowest, non-compounding rates in the industry. Many companies claim to offer “the lowest rates in the industry” – we recommend comparing them against an offer from US Claims. to see for yourself.